The origins of Bolgheri Castle date back to 1500. Since then, it has been the property of the Counts of Gherardesca family. In the second half of the 1700s, restoration work and improvements were made to the building, and the cellars were built. In 1895, the castle?s facade was modified, with the construction of the tower and merlons as we still see them today. Bolgheri Castle and its surrounding lands were transferred by hereditary succession to the current family of the Counts Zileri Dal Verme. The farm extends around the Castle for an area of 130 hectares, 50 of which are covered by vineyards; the rest is made up of areas cultivated with 6,000 olive plants, sown grounds and woods. Both sides of the farm are adjacent to the famous cypress road extolled in the poetry of Giosue Carducci.
The wine has an intense straw yellow color, and the nose opens up with an ample spectrum of aromas of fresh fruits (pear and apple ) and typical aromas of the Mediterranean scrub (sage, pine and laurel). An harmonious wine on the palate, with an optimal freshness and hint of minerals; persistently aromatic.